Terms and Conditions
Europcar SEGA Sonic Superstars Nintendo Switch Console & Game Code Giveaway 2023 (“Giveaway”)
Full Terms and Conditions:
- This Giveaway is open to entrants aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK or Northern Ireland, excluding families of the Promoter, agents or anyone else professionally connected with the administration of this Giveaway (“Entrants”)
- The Promoter of this Giveaway is Europcar Group UK Limited of 1 Great Central Square, Leicester, LE1 4JS, UK (the “Promoter”)
- The Giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. However a valid email address, postal address and telephone number are required.
- The Giveaway will run from noon GMT on 25 September 2023 up to noon GMT on 04 December 2023 (“Promotion Period”).
- All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries. All entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will not be valid.
- Maximum of one entry per person is permitted during the Promotion Period. Any further entries submitted during the Promotion Period will not be accepted and will be automatically disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted by completing and submitting the online entry form which can be found at: sonic.europcar.co.uk, providing complete responses to all required fields.
- Prize Draw 1: On 05 December 2023, 4 winners will be selected at random by a computer process from the list of Entrants’ data collected from the Giveaway entry form.
- The winners of Prize Draw 1 will each receive 1 Nintendo Switch Game Console and 1 Sonic Superstars game code, compatible with the Nintendo Switch. The winners of Prize Draw 1 will be excluded from any further prize draws during the Promotion Period.
- Prize Draw 2: On 05 December 2023, 10 winners will be selected at random by a computer process from the list of Entrants’ data collected from the Giveaway entry form (omitting the winners of Prize Draw 1).
- The winners of Prize Draw 2 will each receive 1 Sonic Superstars game code for their preferred gaming console, choosing from Playstation, Nintendo Switch or XBox.
- The winners of Prize Draw 1 will be contacted via email on or before 06 December 2023 using the contact information provided on entry. The winners must confirm their delivery address within 5 days of the email notification being sent. If the winner does not respond within 5 days then the prize will be forfeit and the Promoter may select another winner in accordance with the process in paragraph 8. Once the winner’s address is confirmed then a Nintendo Switch games console and a Nintendo Switch Game Code prize will be sent out within 10 business days of such confirmation to the winner’s confirmed address.
- The winners of Prize Draw 2 will be contacted via email on or before 06 December 2023 using the contact information provided on entry. The winners must confirm their preferred platform for the game code, selecting from: Playstation, Nintendo Switch or XBox within 5 days of the email notification being sent. If the winner does not respond within 5 days then the prize will be forfeit and the Promoter may select another winner in accordance with the process in paragraph 10. Once the winner has confirmed the game code of their choice, such game code will be emailed to the winner within 10 business days of such confirmation.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any forfeit price as a result of a failure by the winner to respond within the time periods set out above, whether due to any technical issue, email being junked, delivery failure, or otherwise.
Terms and Conditions:
- The prizes are non-transferable, not exchangeable, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and have no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes, of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
- Bulk entries or votes made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete entries, entries or votes submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries or votes submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an Entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase the number of that Entrant’s entries in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Giveaway, that Entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
- The purpose of processing your personal information for this Giveaway is to collate all entrants, select and identify the winners of the prizes and contact the winners. This processing activity is necessary for the administration of the Giveaway and is based upon acceptance of the Giveaway terms and conditions by all Entrants.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable to the entrants for any loss or damage whatsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway and/or prize. Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Giveaway is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- By entering the Giveaway, Entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prizes to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the Giveaway where it becomes necessary to do so.
- In order to comply with its obligation to demonstrate a valid prize award has taken place, the surname and county of the winners will be available by sending a request for such information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 months after the end of the Promotion Period. If any winning Entrant objects to their surname and county of residence being published then they must promptly notify the Promoter by email at email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- This Promotion is governed by English Law and Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.